Monday, August 2, 2010

Zucchini Recipe

So I am still attempting a zucchini adventure this summer with my attempt at liking this ubiquitous summer veggie. I bought a couple of magazines in a moment of weakness at Target, thinking they would be great while camping, which they were. I find that I really like Every Day with Rachel Ray Magazine, not that fond of her show on TV but I really like the magazine. They had a no cook section where they show cased a zucchini lasagna sort of thing. I tried my own version at home, but I found I am not a huge fan of ricotta so I think next time I make it I will try farmers cheese, I am intrigued with it and would like to use it more often. Here is the first attempt, I will post again soon as I try it again with a better cheese.
Zucchini Lasagna
1 zucchini (sliced thin on a mandolin)
1/2 cup Ricotta (soon to try Farmer's cheese)
1/4 cup Pecorino Remano
2 tbsp roasted red pepper
Olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Getting the ingredients together.



Put ingredients into a small bowl, and mix well.


Slicing the zucchini with my mandolin slicer.


Layer two slices of zucchini with the ricotta mixture like a lasagna, and repeat. End result, makes a tasty side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails