Monday, December 27, 2010

Fresh, Quick, WW Friendly Dinner after meeting

So at this point I have lost 15 lbs with weight watchers, steady as she goes, I am losing a little over 2 lbs a week at this point (I maintained at Thanksgiving, and the week I went to Vegas and the week prior we had a snow storm that cancelled our meeting so I missed two weeks of weigh ins but still lost 6 lbs!). So a couple of weeks ago I came home from a meeting, mine are late on Monday's so Molly and daddy fend for themselves, and I was hungry at this point so I need a quick meal. I created a quick breakfast sandwich and salad. Just a few quick tips on making a perfect, "Why go to the fast food joint anyway?" sandwich.

Breakfast Sandwich (WW friendly)
Prep time: 5 minutes
WW pts: 6 pts
1 whole wheat English Muffin
1 egg
1 slice Canadian Bacon
1-2 slice tomato
1 slice American Cheese (preferably WW brand - low in points)
*Will need baking spray, & ramekin
1. Toast English Muffins (I use a toaster oven... you will see why this is important in a moment)
2. Spray the inside of a fairly large ramekin, and crack an egg into the ramekin. Using a fork, lightly scramble the egg (helps to not explode egg in the microwave) salt & pepper to taste. Pop into the microwave and cook for 30 seconds. If egg is not cooked at this point cook at 5-10 second intervals until done.
3. Slice tomato and unwrap cheese, as toast is almost done add the Canadian bacon right on the rack in the toaster oven to warm through and slightly crisp.
4. Assemble your sandwich, slice of cheese on top of egg, on top of bacon, and a slice of tomato. DONE!

One of my sorority sisters always used to make fun of me because I have ever size ramekin known to man but you wouldn't believe how much they come in handy! I love them!

This salad had a quick and easy dressing with it. Overall it was a lite and tasty meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails