3/4 pound(s) Chicken breast, skinless, boneless, raw, sliced into strips (2 breasts)
1 large egg(s), mixed with a tbsp of water
1 cup(s) cornflake crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1. Using a food processor get the corn flakes the size of panko crumbs. (I have tried it with panko crumbs and the corn flakes are better, much more crunchy!)
2. Mix the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder with the corn flakes.
3. Mix eggs with water.
4. slice chicken into strips. season with salt & pepper, and dunk the chicken into the eggs and then the corn flakes and cheese mixture.
5. Bake in the oven at 450 for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Serve with ranch dressing or BBQ to dip.
2-3 carrots, peeled and cut into coins
1/2 cup water
1/2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp apricot preserves
1. Put carrots and water in a sauce pan and cook on medium high heat until carrots are cooked through.
2. Drain off any excess water, in empty sauce pan melt butter and preserves, then toss carrots in mixture and serve while hot.
*These are so easy, the carrots, and a great way to add a new twist to an easy side dish.
*Thanks to Relish for the inspiration behind this meal!
Dad helped make this meal, and literally he liked it so much that he made it with mom and Molly's help the very next night. The dinning room chair is very movable for Molly she is joining me in the kitchen for almost every meal I make to oversee everything. So cute, but in my little kitchen it sometimes can be very limiting.
Then mommy said, "Smile Molly!" and then ba-dow, this is the picture I got. She is getting better on her smiles! Poor daddy: our ceiling is a little low for our pot rack, and he is a little tall for the pots hanging from said pot rack!
Linked to Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, and Tuesday at the Table.