Thursday, November 4, 2010

Weight Watcher's Mushroom Omlet

I wanted to try this at some point this weekend, let's face it I don't have time to cook something like this on a weekday when I am trying to get everyone out the door in time. I decided to make it for lunch on Sunday. It was delicious!
Mushroom Omelet:
For Mushrooms
4 oz sliced crimini mushrooms
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
For Omelet
1 egg white
1 whole egg
mushrooms
2 tbsp reduced fat cheddar cheese
1 green onion, sliced
1. saute mushrooms in olive oil, add butter and Worcestershire sauce till mushrooms cook through.
2. Scramble eggs, spray pan, add to small fry pan and let cook almost through.
3. When eggs are set add mushrooms, & cheese to one side of omelet. With a heat resistant spatula turn over  one side of omelet onto ingredients and cover with a teaspoon of water to steam the cheese through without scorching egg.
4. Turn out onto plate and top with green onions.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to try this! Yum! Hi! I found you on the Thursday blog hop and I follow you via GFC please follow me back! Thanks! http://frugalfamilyfunspot.blogspot.com/2010/11/i-would-love-to-make-some-new-friends.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails