Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Weight Watcher Egg Drop Soup

My mom's brilliant idea on how to loose weight and maintain portion controls, while on weight watchers, is to have a salad and soup before eating the main course. I will make a big batch of soup to last the majority of the week, well that is if your husband doesn't eat it all in two sittings (Brian really likes the soups!) This weeks soup was egg drop soup, and I would say the vinegar is imperative! So tasty, this soup!
EGG DROP SOUP
WW =1 PT/1 cup serving
6 C. chicken fat free chicken broth
1 T. low sodium soy sauce
1-2 T. white vinegar
¼ C. thinly sliced carrots
¼ C thinly sliced celery
¼ C. frozen peas
2 egg whites beaten
2 green onions, chopped

1. Bring to a boil the first 5 ingredients, then simmer for 5-7 min or until veggies are tender. Add peas, and  bring soup mixture back to a boil gradually pour beaten eggs into the soup while stirring the soup.

2. Serve in soup bowls topped with green onions.


So, after going to the grocery store our quick dinner was a thin crust frozen pizza (to make sure I didn't eat too much, I had the cup of soup, a big salad and two slices of pizza - If I am being honest I think I had another slice but still cut down on the amount I ate!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails