I had a weight watcher's meeting yesterday so I stayed late and Brian and Molly had to fend for themselves for dinner. Daddy did well, they had Healthy Choice chicken noodle soup and a ham and cheese sandwich! When I got home I had leftovers, I was trying to make up for a very bad weekend (WW points wise) and practically starved myself all day, for those of you that know weight watchers I had like 6 points from waking to 6 p.m. which for me was not very much (I had one packet of instant oatmeal and salad all day! My coffee made up the remainder of the points). Since I had leftovers, I didn't have anything prepared for lunch for the next day so I created this pasta salad. It was delicious!
(WW pts 5)
1/2 cup(s) cherry tomato(es), halved
1 Tbsp scallion(s), chopped
1/2 item(s) bell pepper(s), red, orange or yellow chopped
2 1/2 cup(s) cooked whole wheat pasta
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp white vinegar
3 Tbsp Athenos Blue cheese crumbles
2 cup(s) cooked broccoli, separated into florets and cooked
1. Cook spiral whole wheat pasta in salted boiling water to preferred doneness. I like mine at about 10 minutes.
2. While pasta is cooking chop tomatoes, bell pepper, and scallions. Throw these ingredients into a big bowl to combine with pasta.
3. When pasta is done strain and add to veggies in bowl. Allow to cool slightly.
4. Toss broccoli florets into pasta water and cook until desired doneness. Then put in bowl with pasta and other veggies.
5. Toss with oil and vinegar, allow to cool slightly before adding in the blue cheese. Use salt and pepper to taste throughout. Let set overnight to meld flavors (great as a lunch item).