Thursday, March 11, 2010

First Meal to Blog

Tonight I came home from a very hectic/productive day and realized that I needed to check my recipe for tonight's dinner as I wasn't sure on the cooking time. Sure enough it was roasted chicken with potatoes and fresh asparagus. Roast chicken would take some time, so instead of changing into my PJ's and veggin' out with my daughter waiting for Brian to come home I started dinner. With very little prep work, yet a lot of waiting (I bribed Molly with pickles - she loves pickles- upside she is so cute when she says, "pickle" downside she smells like a pickle for a good while afterword!) I had dinner on the table. It was a very good meal with a glass of white wine.



Molly ate asparagus earlier in the week but didn't want to have anything to do with it tonight, which was interesting. Otherwise she ate the chicken, potatoes, rice, and some of the salad. I hope she continues to eat this well for the duration of her life, I don't think summer, our CSA or our community garden could be coming at a better time! Fresh fruit and veg, here we come.


Used seasoning on the chicken, the potatoes baked with it (dutch gold, very good) used lemon and rosemary toward the end (the rosemary just perfumed everything) and the lemon added a nice tartness to cut through the richness. The salad was fantastic; mixed greens, strawberries, thinly sliced red onion, feta, pecans, and a homemade balsamic vinaigrette.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails