Saturday, March 13, 2010

Suprise Visit

We got a call from Grandma and Grandpa Carter today letting us know that they were in the area and wanted to stop by and visit. I went ahead and invited them to join us for dinner. Didn't change anything up, just made what I had originally planned. Chicken with creamy mushroom sauce, roasted new potatoes, and a tossed green salad. The creamy mushroom sauce had mushrooms (obviously) cream, goat cheese and Italian parsley. IT WAS DELICIOUS! Not that great for you, but delicious none the less. It wasn't too bad though because you just drizzled it over the top of the chicken so at most you only really used about 2-3 tablespoons so again really not that bad but SO GOOD!I had pretty much already devoured mine before I realized I needed to get a picture, this is Brian's plate and it doesn't look as appealing as it really was (need to get better about taking a picture into the meal.

Also attempted a sour cream and lemon bundt cake, took it out before it was fully done, it looked fantastic. I got excited, and then ten minutes later I looked back and it had partially deflated. Looking back on it, I probably should have rotated it, because one side was cooked but the other wasn't. And I should have let it keep cooking it wasn't nearly done. I am definitely more confident with cooking vs. baking. (no picture, but trust me it was a real nightmare)


Creamy Mushroom Sauce:
16 oz sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (can sub in dried if you don't have fresh available, just watch the salt content dried parsley seems to up the ante on the salty taste)

1. On medium heat, brown the mushrooms, then add heavy cream, and goat cheese and heat through until cheese is melted.
2. Right before serving stir in parsley, serve on the side to top on chicken ( you really only need about 2 tbsp per person as it is very rich but so good, and if you have left-overs it reheats nicely the following day)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails