Monday, June 28, 2010
So I marinated this chicken for only maybe two hours, and it was some of the most flavorful, juicy chicken I have had in a LONG time. Again another nod to Relish for this recipe (again a slight variation on it, but the basis is from them).
* Marinate Chicken ahead of time
Marinade for Chicken
1/4 cup cilantro (ruff chopped)
10 oz of margarita mix
1/2 cup Tequila
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 Chicken Breasts
1. Combine all ingredients in a plastic bag and allow to marinade for 1 to 2 hours or up to all day.
2. Perfect for summer BBQ, grill chicken until desired doneness, discard marinade.
Rice (Start this first during the cooking process)
Basmati Rice (my go to long grain rice)
1 Can black beans
1/4 cup of margarita mix
1. Make rice like normal, towards end of cooking process drain and wash a can of black beans.
2. Mix in can of black beans and Margarita mix. Stir carefully so as not to destroy the beans.
Watermelon and Jicama Salad
1/2 Seedless Personal Watermelon
1 small Jicama (diced)
3 tbsp basil (chiffonade)
1/2 cup toasted coconut
2 tbsp rice vinegar
Pinch of salt
1. Toast coconut on stove top in a clean pan, don't let burn, look for a nice crisp brown color.
2. Toss everything including coconut in a bowl and serve.