Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake

How many of you like the strawberry shortcake made with a scone/biscuit? That personally is my favorite, I am not a fan of angel food (it gets to mushy) I can do a dense pound cake (but that can sometimes get too sweet) but a nice neutral scone maintains its integrity against the strawberry sauce and hits that balance to allow the the dessert to not be too sweet. This was the first of the season for us, as my husband said previously he wasn't that big of a fan, and I am not sure Miss Molly has ever had any. But after last nights attempt I can imagine we will have them again and again. We got a fresh, succulent pint of strawberries from our CSA and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity. I know they would have been eaten eventually (Molly had three in the car before we even got home) but I just wanted to do something with these special berries. They were gorgeous, you know the kind straight from the farm that are red all the way through (not like those kind at the market that are white in the middle and bland of flavor) I just couldn't see these strawberries going into a smoothie they were destined for more.

Miss Molly's little helping, she didn't know what to make of it at first but then she really got into it.
Mom and dad's helping, looks good doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails