Tuesday, July 13, 2010
I did take some shortcuts with the Relish recipe, again because it is summer and hot I used Foster Farms precooked Grilled Chicken (you can buy a big bag at Costco and they are a lifesaver!) Instead of grilling two chicken breasts as an extra step I used the precooked chicken. Other than that I pretty much followed the recipe.
Salsa Verde Enchilada
2 Chicken Breasts (Since I used the precooked I just guessed on the amount)
Olive Oil & Salt and Pepper
2 cups of Prepared Salsa Verde
(8) 6 inch corn tortilla
Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese (I didn't want to grate my frozen block but I had some Mozzarella on hand and I used that -worked fine and didn't add to the spicy which was good for my daughter and myself, Brian might have liked it but it would have been too much for me)
1. Season Chicken breasts with olive oil and salt and pepper and grill till done. Cut into bite size pieces.
2. Heat tortillas for 10 minutes to make pliable (375 degrees)
3. Pour 1/4 cup of salsa verde into a shallow dish, dip warmed tortillas in salsa verde and put a small handful of chicken and roll up and place in an oven safe dish. Fill dish, and then pour the remaining salsa over the top, and cover with mozzarella.
4. Heat for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
Salad Topping for Enchiladas
1 romaine heart shredded
6 radishes sliced thin (I used a mandolin, if you don't have one then slice with your chef night just be careful)
Juice of one lime (2 tbsp)
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Avocado sliced
1. Toss all together and then top the enchiladas with the salad
Triple Berry Salad
1/2 of a personal seedless watermelon (cubed)
8 oz Strawberries sliced
8 oz blueberries
1/4 cup sugar
1. Toss together and serve!
You know I believe it takes me longer to write these up than it takes to cook!