|I realize that on top it looks like cheese in this picture but it|
is actually crunchy noodles.
1 lb hamburger
1/2 cup Newman's own Ginger Sesame Marinade
1/2 onion thinly sliced
1 tsp soy sauce
1/4 raw peanuts
pinch of red pepper flakes
1/2 head of iceberg lettuce
1. Brown the meat add marinade when meat is almost done.
2. Pull meat out, put in a bowl off to the side. Cook onions with soy sauce and red pepper flakes until soft and then add peanuts to warm through. Put meat back in with mixture to stir all ingredients together. Put into a serving dish with a lid to keep warm, move it to the table (can garnish with some fresh green onions, sesame seeds, or crunchy Chinese noodles- I put those in a ramekin off to the side so they stayed crunchy)
3. Cut head of lettuce in half, take out just the inner core (be careful not to pull out too much because those inner smaller leafs are great for littler portions, I used the smallest for Molly) set the heads on the table for people to pick their own lettuce pieces.
1 pkg. Fresh Yaki-Soba noodles (the brand I bought had three individually wrapped -personal sized portions)
3 green onions sliced
2 tsp sesame oil
1 pkg of seasoning packet from noodles (If your noodles didn't come with a seasoning packet you might need to add a small amount of soy sauce or sweet chili sauce would be good too, and a small- small dash of Chinese five spice)
1. Follow package directions (mine called for me to puncture the packets and microwave for 1 minute, and then put in a pan with a small amount of water with seasoning mixture)
2. After microwaving, I put it in the pan previously used for the meat mixture above and then added 1/2 cup of water and a seasoning packet, green onions, and sesame oil.
Nod to Relish for the original idea on this recipe.