Friday, May 14, 2010

First attempts at bento

Here is mine and my husbands' first bento inspired lunch, I had an apple and I just had to try the checkered apple. When I first saw a demonstration of this online I literally said out loud, "I don't have time for that, I will never do that, I will never be that extreme." And then what do I do? I make the apple. I just had to try it.

This was a snack for Miss Molly last night before dinner (I think the snack was a little too big though because she didn't eat much of her dinner).
This was her first bento lunch for daycare. I had to tell her daycare provider about the silicone cupcake holders, I don't want them just thrown away! I have a hard time just yet packing picks, but maybe I can work on it at home this summer and feel better about it next year. She also had a PB & J sandwich cut into the shape of hearts, her daycare provider said that she ate at it all day long. I thought I had packed way too much but she came home with very little left. She runs around and plays all day which apparently works up an appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails