Friday, October 29, 2010

Share the Table Project

A few weeks ago I got a couple of free boxes of pasta from Barilla, I love their new campaign for sharing the table with your family. Fits right in with my blog right? I e-mailed them about it and they sent me some free pasta.


If you go to the Barilla site, click here, you will see that they have committed to getting people to think about family dinner time again. They currently have a button on the site that if you click and commit to meaningful meals with your family Barilla will donate a dollar to Meals on Wheels. You can also freely download a collection of recipes from Mario Batali who has lent his star power to help recognize the importance of bringing America back to the table. Something to think about. I will be using the pasta in different ways. So far I have only used it to supplement a frozen pasta entree (that I think uses too much sauce, and it is supposed to be only for two but by adding extra pasta it stretches it for the whole family with some left over, on those nights that I just don't have the energy to start from scratch). Look for more posts using this free pasta from Barilla and continual updates on their Share the Table project, as I feel it so closely connects to my idea for this blog.




3 comments:

  1. I am your new follower.

    I invite you to my "Christmas Cheer" holiday event , mark the date and don't miss it! Grab the cheer button and spread some cheer!

    http://toddlertalesbymommy.blogspot.com/p/christmas-cheer.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate this commitment by Barilla! I wrote a post about the family table last year
    http://faithfulnessfarm.blogspot.com/2009/07/family-table.html

    We are committed to eating together as a family..no easy feat with active teens but we get it in. It's important!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made up a dish with Barilla Penne pasta called Baked Ziti. It's pretty good and freezes well too! It uses the penne pasta, cheeses, tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes etc. I'll send you the recipe just in case you're interested :)

    Baked Ziti (enough for two meals you can freeze one)
    2 Tablespoons olive oil
    1 teaspoons red pepper flakes
    0.25 cups onion, diced
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    28 ounces diced canned tomatoes
    1 each green onions, chopped
    1 Tablespoons basil, fresh
    To Taste salt
    To Taste pepper
    1 pounds ziti pasta noodles
    .75 cups Parmesan cheese
    16 ounces mozzarella, shredded

    Directions:
    "For the sauce: In a stock pot, heat oil. Add garlic, onion and shallot and sauté for about 3 minutes or until just beginning to brown. Add the tomatoes and crushed red pepper flakes and bring to a low boil. Lower heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add basil. Stir to combine and add salt and pepper to taste. Add cooked pasta,.25 cups Parmesan cheese, and 8 ounces of mozzarella to sauce. Mix. Add salt and pepper if needed. Pour into 2 greased deep dish 8x8 baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheeses. Cover with foil and freeze. To serve: Thaw. Uncover and bake at 350 until just browned and bubbly hot, about 30 minutes. (Double bake time if frozen).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails